Monday, March 28, 2011

Infinite Possibilities

For years I have reveled in my childlike personality, playing and enjoying the simplicity of life. For me, art reawakens my true nature and young spirit. It draws from deep within the soul and brings out those initial hopes and dreams where anything is possible. Art energizes me and counteracts the draining presence of adult reality. I still hold on to the dreams of my youth and continually inspire my imagination.

It disheartens me when I hear of those who lost this lofty thinking and settled for more "realistic" expectations. One of the main reasons I teach art to elementary kids is to glimpse that fresh and limitless ingenuity, as well as promote it through creativity and fabrication. Children don't know how lucky they are that the world has not yet suppressed their ideals. They have virtually no limitations.

I am a firm believer in the fact that anything is possible, you just have to try. So many people are afraid to take risks and explore the possibilities. I have struggled with this concept myself over the years since my college graduation. Thoughts of settling into a steady routine with a stable job have crossed my mind, but allude to restriction and lifelessness. Never give up on yourself and ignore those that say what you can and can't do. Some of the best things my parents gave me were the encouragement to pursue my expansive thinking and the belief that I can succeed with hard work. For that I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment