Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gallery Hop

I went to the gallery hop last night. It was very exciting, since I have been in attendance only one other time. After the brief burst of sunshine with rain, I wandered the streets in search of galleries. To my surprise there were not many still open. I blame myself for not leaving my house sooner. Still thoroughly enjoyable though, the best art of the hop seemed to be located in the organic pizza shop on the return up the street. Interesting collages of acrylic and pasted paper, combinations of resin with oil paint, and even fabric tapestries covered in color. The contemporary techniques astounded me and I had no choice but to stop for awhile. This just proves that innovative things might be found in the most unconventional of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment